We would like to present the researchers who were selected for funding from YOUTH IMPACT’s 2nd edition of the Research Excellence Programme in Czechia, in cooperation with Channel Crossings.
- First presented recipient of Youth Impact ‘s Research Excellence programme is Ondřej Dvouletý.
Ondřej is an associate professor at the University of Economics and Business in Prague. His project will enhance evaluation of the impact of financial support for unemployed youth in starting a business provided by the Czech Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs via local Employment offices.
2. Another Czech Youth Impact ‘s Research Excellence programme researchers for 2021/2022 is Adéla Růžičková.
Adéla works at the Fakulta tělesné kultury Univerzity Palackého, where she focuses on using experiential learning, specifically in the area of education towards a healthy lifestyle. She also works with Prázdninová škola Lipnice on experiential and self-development courses for (young) adults.
3. The third researcher awarded with our Research Excellence grant is David Másilka.
David works at the Fakulta tělesné kultury Univerzity Palackého, where he focuses on using experiential pedagogy and on qualitative research methods. He has extensive experience with market research and with the design of communication, marketing, and sales strategies, and their implementation.
4. Nikola Křístek is another Czech researcher funded by our Research Excellence programme.
Nikola has been focusing on evaluation of organizations and projects in the area of education since 2015. His research project evaluates the impact of courses for peer mediators at schools on their cooperation and entrepreneuship skills. The outcomes of this project will be used for upgrading the methodology of a learning programme called School Mediation (www.skolnimediace.cz).
5. Fifth researcher we present here is Barbora Latečková.
Barbora is a member of the Czech Evaluation Society and she is running an indepent study on the impact of interventions in the field of the support of employment and entreprenurship of young people in Czechia. She is an experience national and international evaluator.
6. & 7. Next researchers in the Czech part of the Youth Impact Research Excellence Programme are Tereza Semerádová and Michal Dostál from the Faculty of Economics at TUL Technical University in Liberec.
Tereza is the guarantor of the field of Information Management and she also teaches electronic business, online marketing, and project management. Michal works as a doctoral student at the Department of Informatics, where he also participates in teaching computer security, programming, and he runs student internships in the field of IT.
Their Youth Impact project is focusing on evaluating the impact of years of practice on the development of skills in students of computer science. The project will create a methodology for identifying the level of knowledge of students before starting the internship and measuring the subsequent level of knowledge after its completion.
8. The penultimate researcher of this edition we present here is Michal Andera.
Michal teaches courses focused on innovative and socially beneficial entrepreneurship at the University of Economics in Prague. He is also a lecturer of MBA study programmes. He is a founder of the video content agency Neocont and he is interested in the visual communication. He co-founded educative video pruction studio vysvětli.cz and he is the author of the first Czech business video podcast bpark.cz.